Sunday 29 March 2015

National Duathlon Champs- rockingham 2015

Today was the national duathlon champs and as a junior i now had the challenge of a race twice as long, twice as far and twice as hard as i was used to. The conditions were shocking with gusts of 60+KM/H making the bike....interesting... the run began fast and stayed fast with me running just off the front pack and as the race stringed out I had a few GB athletes in my sights, numb hands made my transition slower than i would have liked but I was efficient and focused going onto the bike. On the bike i realised quickly that it was safer on my own that in a group, which meant any groups I over took sat on my wheel then got dropped, until I found a nice group which i managed to settle in with.
with the wind and rain beating at me i was very happy to have my zone3 sun glasses on!
going into the final transition and run i was well placed in the 3rd group of the race having picked up a few more, however on the run i quickly realised my body was not responding, i picked up the pace towards the end and finished in 25th which for a first year junior and most likely one of the youngest in the race was pleasing
As always thanks to my sponsors;
Jaqui Gordon my masseuse who treated me before and after
zone3 for providing me with sunglasses and my race suit
and The Jeremy Willson charitable trust.




No comments:

Post a Comment