Wednesday 24 June 2015

Blenheim triathlon!


On the 14th I had the Blenheim triathlon which was hosted in  Blenheim palace, the venue was spectacular with the amazing views of the lake and palace,
I had a good warm up and a pre-race massage from my masseur jaqui gordon then went and positioned myself at the swim start behind a fast looking swimmer, the start was frantic and fast as always however i was pulled along by the other swimmers around me and ended up very high up.



 Leaving the swim i was in the front pack in the top 15 however going into transition i had problems finding my bike and ended up just behind the 2nd pack having lost about 30 seconds
On the bike i caught up to the 2nd pack and managed to pick a few people off before going into the 5km run where i was crippled by a stitch due to having worked so hard on the bike.



Although disapointed with my run and transition  i can learn from my mistakes and be happy about the bike and the swim! I spoke to Zone3 whilst at the race who sponsor me for my amazing wetsuit and trisuit which helps me perform to the best of my abilities in the swim

No comments:

Post a Comment