Wednesday 24 June 2015

West-GHS national qualifier

On the 21st of june i raced in my 3rd ever 10mile time trial in the national 10mile qualifier, to qualify i had to be in the top 3.
The course was very hilly and slow with a strong headwind for a lot of the race, i didnt know what to expect in terms of the competition because i had never done it before, however when i saw the national champion turn up i realised it was going to be tough,
i got talking to the team manager from one of the uk's largest cycling teams ( catford equipe-banks) and he gave me a lot of invaluable advice for training and my future,
i had a good 45minute warm up on my turbo before being set off 10th,

the course was 2 laps of a 5mile circuit and my first lap was just over 11minutes, i realised that if i could keep it up although the 2nd lap was longer i would beat the fastest time from last year so i kept pushing harder.
Across the Finnish line my time was 23.39 which although 45 seconds off of my best time, put me in 3rd position where I stayed, i had qualified for the nationals!!!
1st place did the course in a time of 21.58 and 2nd place in 22.45 which meant I was not far off the national champion, I am very much looking forwards to the nationals where i can compare my times to the fastest junior cyclists in the country on a very fast course and go for a pb, I will be aiming for 21.30.
Thanks to zone3 for providing my glasses and for JWCT for helping pay for my racing bike and other equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment